Citycable Internet Pty Ltd ( ACN 609 005 772 ) is subject to the Privacy Act 1988 including the National Privacy Principles. We respects the privacy of personal information and treats it in accordance with this statement. We appreciate that your privacy is important to you. Citycable Internet will continue to protect the personal information that you entrust to us.
National Privacy Principles
Citycable Internet is committed to protecting your personal information. Accordingly we have implemented a set of internal principles based on our obligations under the Telecommunications Act 1997, the Privacy Act 1988, the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman Scheme and the ACIF Code of Practice. We also committed to comply with the National Privacy Principles (“NPPs”) as set out in the Federal Privacy Act and administered by the Federal Privacy Commissioner. The NPPs regulate the way that organisations can collect, use, keep secure and disclose personal information. This also grants individuals the right to know what information an organisation holds about them and a right to correct that information if it is wrong.
Why we need your information?
The type of information we collect from you will depend on what Citycable Internet products and services you use. When you become a Citycable Internet customer you will need to provide certain details in order for us to establish and manage your customer account. This includes personal information such as such as:
– personal details e.g. name, age, address, phone number, other contact information;
– billing, credit, payment and accounting information e.g. account usage records, billing information, payment method, credit card or bank account numbers, billing and payment history;
– historical information e.g. how you came to be our customer, who was your previous ISP;
– technical information e.g. user name, password, IP address, calling number, telephone service provider;
– marketing-related information, such as what products and promotions we have marketed to you.
– computer information e.g. type, operating system, skill level;
Citycable Internet may offer products or services which will be supplied by other suppliers and we will collect the relevant details in order to provide you with the products, services or information requested. Therefore use of information may relate to and include activities such as managing your account, billing, contacting you or providing customer support. Citycable Internet also collects and uses information about your use of our services for monitoring and evaluation purposes so that we are able to provide our customers with improved and more relevant products.
How we collect your personal information?
Citycable Internet collects personal information directly from you at the time when you apply for our services. Citycable Internet may also collect personal information from third parties such as, a wholesale supplier or other entity involved in service that we provide to you, such as a credit reporting agency; marketing firms who carry out promotions for us; or from business acquisition, from the vendor.
What personal information will Citycable Internet disclose to?
We may disclose personal information:
– to our wholesale suppliers and other entities involved in service delivery to you;
– to our professional advisers, technical and marketing consultants;
– to marketing firms who carry out promotions for us;
– to prospective investors in or purchasers of us or our business;
– to our agents and resellers;
– to a debt recovery or credit reporting agency in case of non-payment;
– to law enforcement agencies in response to a lawful request;
– to government authorities e.g. the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman;
– to anyone to whom you complain about us or our services;
– as required by law.
– and in a case where another person has claimed a bonus from us for introducing you as a first-time customer, we may advise that person whether you are a first-time customer.
Security of your personal information
Citycable Internet will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment. We keep personal information secure by several means, including:
– Unlimited hours
– storing them in paper files in controlled access places;
– storing them in our computer databases and systems which using good security practices and technology on our network and computers, including password security;
– control, supervise and imposing confidentiality obligations on staff.
Can you access your personal informaiton?
You can ask for access to personal information we hold about you and to amend that information if it is incorrect. We normally will not charge you a fee for access to your personal information, however we reserve this right to do so. To access your personal information, please write to Customer Service Team, Citycable Internet Pty Ltd, PO Box 280, Box Hill VIC 3128 and include your username/password. If for any reason Citycable Internet refuses to give you access to your personal information, we will provide you with the reasons for our decision.
Calling Line Identification and number display (CID)
CID is the data (such as the date and time of the call, the duration of the call and calling party’s number) created whenever you establish a call to our network. CID allows us to efficiently manage calls, provide accurate billing and investigate any alleged fraudulent use of your account. We will only use this information as required in the normal practice of carrying on our business as an ISP. Any information collected by Citycable Internet for this purpose shall not be used for any behavioural monitoring, marketing or data mining.
Your consent to this agreement
Complaints about breaches of privacy
If you believe that your privacy has been breached by Citycable Internet, you can lodge a complaint by writing to the address noted below and all attempts will be made to resolve the matter.
Citycable Internet customer service contact details
Please refer to the contact page for more details.